2017 Early Childhood Investment Zone Sustainability Summit
The Family Development Program hosted an Early Childhood Investment Zone Sustainability Summit with coalition representation from all 12 statewide Investment Zone sites (Raton; Santa Rosa; Estancia; Cuba; Alamo/Magdalena/Socorro; Grants; Gallup; Deming; Gadsden; Tucumcari; Hobbs; Coopertiva Korimi – South Valley, Albuquerque). Early Childhood Investment Zones represent a bold strategy for engaging community-based leaders who are committed to addressing local concerns and solutions for their young children’s well-being. The Sustainability Summit was generously supported by the Brindle Family Foundation as a strengths-based cross-coalition planning session aimed at strengthening coalition momentum to keep moving forward.
Here is what participants valued most about their summit experience:
- Building relationships; new friendships; the fellowship; the camaraderie
- Opportunity to be heard and all the wealth of expertise at the table
- Meeting “children heroes!”
- Hearing the successes throughout the state
- Renewed focus and enthusiasm